Whether you’re celebrating National Waffle Day or just need something fun and decadent for a special breakfast treat, these Cinnamon Roll Waffles with Crispy Bacon and Toffee are the ticket.
You don’t need a super fancy waffle iron, either – I think mine came from a garage sale and it’s very basic. Your family and friends are going to love this quick and easy breakfast recipe!
Cinnamon Roll Waffles with Crispy Bacon and Toffee Recipe
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin’…. Shall We?? 🙂
Cinnamon Roll Waffles? Heck, yes.
Simply pop open a can of refrigerated cinnamon rolls, “smush” them out a bit with your fingers, then slap those babies your waffle maker. Within minutes, you’ll be enjoying waffles that you can top with icing, crumbled bacon, and chopped toffee – super decadent.
Are you in need of something a little bit snazzy for an upcoming weekend breakfast or brunch? When I made these Cinnamon Roll Waffles for a holiday girls brunch, my friends just went crazy. Their eyes nearly glazed over when they saw me sprinkling their waffles with bacon and toffee – it was so much fun to make them feel special.
All Things Cinnamon Rolls Please!
Around my house, we are all about sweet treats that have anything to do with cinnamon rolls. Cinnamon roll casserole is a huge favorite, and so is my cinnamon roll cake.
On the weekend, I like to make big pans of Cinnamon Roll French Toast for my Sunday school class or to take for brunch at the neighbor’s.
And if you’re looking for a really easy homemade cinnamon roll recipe, I’ve got you covered. You can make cinnamon rolls in just over an hour!
What to love about cinnamon roll waffles
- Canned cinnamon rolls all the way – super easy and fast!
- Who doesn’t love CINNAMON ROLLS??? Who doesn’t love BACON??? Who doesn’t love TOFFEE???
- It’s super fun to see how excited friends and family get when you make this breakfast for them.
Here are the ingredients you need to make this easy breakfast recipe
- Canned refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- The icing packet from the can of cinnamon rolls
- Cooked crumbled bacon
- Chopped toffee (such as a Heath bar or a Score bar)
How to make cinnamon roll waffles step-by-step
While your waffle iron preheats, remove the cinnamon rolls from the can. Using your finger tips, gently press out each cinnamon roll until slightly flattened.
Lightly spray the preheated waffle iron with a bit of nonstick spray. Working one or two at a time (depending on your waffle iron), place the flattened cinnamon rolls onto the waffle maker.
Close the waffle maker; cook the cinnamon rolls for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked throughout. Carefully remove each cinnamon roll waffle to a cooking rack or platter; repeat with the remaining cinnamon rolls.
Warm the icing and drizzle it over the cinnamon roll waffles, then top each one with crumbled bacon and toffee; serve at once.
Answers to Common Questions Asked About This Recipe
Which tools are helpful for making cinnamon roll waffles?
Waffle maker – Like I said, you don’t need anything fancy! Just a simple, basic waffle maker works great. I really love this heart-shaped waffle maker, too, and it’s inexpensive, as well. (What a great gift it would make, eh?)
Tongs – For lifting hot cinnamon roll waffles from the waffle maker, use some tongs to make the job lots easier.
Bowl whisk – If you make extra icing for the cinnamon roll waffles, a bowl whisk is super handy for making sure the icing is smooth and lump-free.
What if I prefer more icing on each waffle than what comes in the cinnamon roll can?
Just mix up your favorite powdered sugar icing! I stir together powdered sugar, a tiny smidge of kosher salt, and vanilla; add water or milk until you reach the desired consistency – then just drizzle away!
Can I freeze cinnamon roll waffles? How should I reheat them?
Yep, cooked cinnamon roll waffles freeze perfectly. To reheat, simply pop the frozen waffles into your toaster. In minutes, you’ll have hot and fresh cinnamon roll waffles to enjoy.
More favorite recipes to enjoy –
Oven-Baked Caramel Apple French Toast
Jan’s Sausage, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Bake
Sunny Kansas Granola
Sheet Pan Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Printable Cinnamon Roll Waffles with Crispy Bacon and Toffee Recipe
Glazed Cinnamon Roll Waffles with Crispy Bacon and Toffee
- 1 8 count can Pillsbury Grands Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing
Icing for Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- 1 packet icing from the can of refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 1/3 cup crumbled, cooked bacon, for topping the waffles
- 1/3 cup toffee bits, for topping waffles (or finely chop up a Score or Heath candy bar)
- While the waffle iron preheats, remove the cinnamon rolls from the can. Using your finger tips, gently press out each cinnamon roll to flatten it slightly.
- Lightly spray the preheated waffle iron with nonstick spray. Working one or two at a time (depending on your waffle iron), place the flattened cinnamon rolls onto the waffle maker.
- Close waffle maker; cook the cinnamon rolls for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked throughout. Carefully remove each cinnamon roll to a platter; repeat with remaining cinnamon rolls.
- Warm the icing and drizzle it over the cinnamon roll waffles, then top each one with crumbled bacon and toffee; serve at once.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected]
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Leave a Reply