About the time you thought peanut butter cookies couldn’t get any better… we add bacon! It’s that salty/sweet flavor you love topped with sweet honey-glazed bacon! Serve these at your next gathering or just enjoy them yourself. #cookies #peanutbutter #bacon
Bacon Peanut Butter Cookies – Can Life Possibly Get Any Better?
Here’s the best reason you’ll ever have for keeping a jar of bacon grease around! Every time I make a batch of bacon in my oven, I make a little spout with the corner of the foil that’s lining my baking sheet so I can pour the bacon grease into my bacon grease jar (or you could use one of these cute piggies to store and strain your grease). It’s is pretty handy to have around when you need to make some good ol’ cream gravy on the fly, OR when you get hit with a craving for these Bacon Peanut Butter Cookies!
Please note: We do use referral links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends!
Salty Bacon and Sweet Honey Pack a FLAVOR Punch
Bacon has become a crazy popular trend. I see it on everything! But why wouldn’t you love bacon on everything. That salty, crunchy, and- dare I say- fatty flavor just takes us all back to early family breakfasts or BLTs in the local diner. But more than comfort, I’ve found that bacon brings the FLAVOR to any dish, and a little goes a long way.
As a chef I’m always on the hunt for that elusive “umami” flavor, and bacon just BRINGS it. Pairing salty, crunchy bacon with a sweet, rich peanut butter cookie takes me to foodie heaven. So give these cookies a try, and transport yourself to umami paradise with me!
Bacon Peanut Butter Cookies would be a fabulous surprise for holiday guests, or would be a special treat after a comforting meal, like this 5-Minute Hillbilly Chili!
Printable Bacon Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe Here:
Bacon Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked until browned and a bit crispy
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 8 Tbs. bacon fat
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbs. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups salted peanuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, stirring until well combined.
- Meanwhile, chop or crumble cooked bacon into small pieces, approx. 1/4 “square. Place bacon into a small bowl and drizzle with honey until all pieces are nicely glazed; set bacon aside and reserve for later use.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy in a large mixing bowl; add 8 Tbs. of reserved cooled bacon fat. Add sugars and beat mixture until creamy, approx. 2-3 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl with a rubber spatula, then add peanut butter and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, then vanilla; scrape down sides of bowl again, and then, on low speed, mix in the dry ingredients. Using a spatula, fold in the ground peanuts.
- Form dough into golf ball-sized rounds and gently press a few pieces of reserved bacon crumbles into the dough on top of each cookie. Place cookie rounds onto an ungreased baking sheet, spaced approx. 2 inches apart. Using a fork, gently press down on each cookie round, pressing bacon a bit further into dough and flattening each round a bit.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, rotating the baking sheet half way through the baking time, or until the cookies are golden brown and just slightly set at the center. Cool cookies for 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
The Best Bacon Recipes:
- Spicy Bacon Popcorn Crack (this is really addictive… I warned you)
- Low-Carb Chicken Bacon Ranch Soup