Are you a chicken wing lover?? If so, you definitely need an Instant Pot so you can create some juicy, tender chicken wings, smothered in a tangy bbq sauce. Talk about finger lickin’ chicken!
Honey BBQ Chicken Wings – Tender, Juicy and Instant Pot Easy!
Please Note: We do use referral links for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.
I never order wings when we go out for dinner at a restaurant or sports bar – wings are just too dang messy. But we sure cook the heck out of them at home, that’s for sure. At home, you can eat all you want, use tons of napkins, get sauce all over your face and fingers, and nobody cares!
How to make Instant Pot Wings (that melt in your mouth and fall right off the bone!) Step-by-Step:
1. Place the wings and your sauce ingredients into the 6-quart Instant Pot.
2. Lock the lid into place and pressurize the wings for 10 minutes, followed by a quick release to remove all the pressure from the Instant Pot.
3. Preheat the broiler. Meanwhile, remove the wings from the Instant Pot to a foil-lined baking sheet, spreading them out in a single layer. Place the wings beneath the broiler, caramelizing them until bubbly on top.
4. Serve at once with your favorite dipping sauce…..and lots of napkins.
Easy Recipe Tips for Making The Best Instant Pot Wings
- Do I Have to Put my Wings Beneath the Broiler After I’ve Pressurized Them in the Instant Pot? NO. At that point, the wings are fully cooked, but putting them beneath the broiler to caramelize them just a bit provides a really nice finish that makes the skin crispy and browned.
- What if I don’t have root beer on hand when I get ready to make this recipe? You may substitute any dark cola for the root beer, no problem. If you don’t have any soda on hand, simply use broth. I’ve done this before and it works fine. The soda just adds a bit more sweetness to the sauce.
Printable Instant Pot Honey BBQ Wings Recipe
Instant Pot Honey BBQ Wings
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbs. good balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup root beer
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp. each red pepper flakes, black pepper, and smoked paprika
- 2 lbs. chicken wings
In the Instant Pot, combine all of the ingredients, except the chicken wings, mixing well; add the chicken wings, tossing to coat.
Lock the Instant Pot lid into place and set valve to the sealing position. Use the manual setting, choosing High Pressure for 10 minutes. When the timer sounds, perform a quick release to remove all pressure from the oven.
Preheat the oven broiler. Unlock the Instant Pot lid, carefully removing it; spoon the cooked wings onto a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Using a silicone brush, baste the wings all over with additional sauce from the Instant Pot.
Place the chicken wings about 6” beneath the preheated broiler; broil for 2-3 minutes on each side , or just until the wings are nicely caramelized, keeping a close eye on them so they don’t burn.
Meanwhile, using the sauté setting on the IP, being the wing sauce to a boil, simmering it until it’s reduced and thickened. When the wings are removed from the broiler, immediately slather them with the sauce and serve.
Looking for More Tasty Recipes? Here ya go!:
Artichoke Olive Cheese Bread – Delicious as an Appetizer or as a Side Dish for Soup
Instant Pot Jambalaya Recipe – A New Orleans Class Recipe You Can Make in Minutes!
If you’re new to Instant Pot cooking, you may find our Instant Pot Free Printables helpful, and also our Instant Pot Guide for Beginners. Print these off and secure them to the inside of a cupboard door for quick reference when you’re needing help with what’s cookin’ in your Instant Pot!
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. And, if you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: ChefAlli@ChefAlli.com
Let’s Get You Cookin’,