If you’re new to Instant Pot/Electric Pressure Cooking, then Chef Alli’s Pressure Cooking Basics is a great place to start. In this recipe: Awesome Instant Pot Applesauce. Instant Pot applesauce is amazingly easy… you don’t even have to peel the apples! #instantpot #electricpressurecooking #basicrecipes
Please Note: We do use referral links for products and services that Chef Alli loves!
Printable Recipe for Awesome Instant Pot Applesauce:
Awesome Instant Pot Applesauce
- 8 apples quartered and seeds removed (I like to use a blend of Granny Smith and Jonathon and I leave my peelings on)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup granulated sugar or sub apple juice or cider for the water and reduce amount of sugar used
- 1-2 tsp. vanilla extract
Place water into pressure cooker pot, then add cinnamon, sugar, and apples. Lock lid into place and choose 5 minutes on high pressure.
When timer goes off, use a quick release to release all steam from chamber.
Remove lid and use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. (If you don’t have an immersion blender, a food processor works great too. Or, if you don’t have either of those tools, peel your apples before cooking them and you can use a potato masher on your cooked apples – works great if there’s no peelings involved!)
When applesauce has cooled, stir in vanilla.
Other Basic Instant Pot Recipes:
- The First 4 Things You Should Cook in Your Instant Pot… in Order!
- Mac and Cheese with Browned Kielbasa Bites
- Electric Pressure Cooking Basics: Hard-Boiled Eggs
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. And, if you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: ChefAlli@ChefAlli.com