I’ve made this ice cream cake hundreds of times. It is fun to make, fun to slice, and fun to eat. I’ve used all kinds of ice cream sandwiches, too – mint, chocolate chip, and neopolitan. There’s no bad combination when it comes to Ice Cream! #summerrecipes #icecreamcake
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Please Note: We do use referral links for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.
Connecting Over Ice Cream
Tips for Your Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- Perfect for personalizing: You can choose any flavor of ice cream sandwich. You can mix almost anything into the pudding. And you can top it however you like! Crushed heath bars, strawberry ice cream, chocolate chips and strawberries, the sky is the limit!
- Elegance Made Easy: Don’t you love going to a nice restaurant and having a cake or pie topped with chocolate shavings? Well, getting that elegant look is easier than you think! All I do is use my potato peeler or mandoline to peel shavings off of a simple chocolate bar.
- Solidarity: Make sure you have a nice, sturdy ice cream cake that won’t melt away by putting it in the freezer for at least 4 hours. Before serving, let the cake stand at room temperature for a few minutes so it is easier to slice.
Printable Recipe for Ice Cream Sandwich Cake:
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- ½ cup fudge ice cream topping warmed
- 2 8 oz. containers frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided use
- 1 pkg. 4 serving size chocolate instant pudding
- 8 - 10 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 12 ice cream sandwiches your favorite flavor
- 1 Hershey’s Chocolate Bar
Pour the fudge topping into a large mixing bowl; add 8 oz. whipped topping and whisk until mixture is well blended. Add dry pudding mix; stir until smooth and thick. (If mixture is too thick to spread easily, stir in a bit of milk.)
Place cookies into a gallon bag and crush well with a mallet; stir into pudding mixture. (Or crush the cookies in your food processor - either way!)
Place 4 of the ice cream sandwiches side by side onto a serving platter; top with half of prepared pudding mixture. Repeat the layers once more, ending with the remaining 4 ice cream sandwiches on top.
Frost the cake with the remaining 8 oz. container of whipped topping. Using your peeler, peel curls of chocolate from your chocolate bar over the cake and platter, as desired. If you don’t happen to have a chocolate bar handy, you can also garnish your cake with mini chocolate chips, crushed sandwich cookies, or a favorite crushed candy bar.
Place prepared cake into the freezer and freeze at least 4 hours before serving. To serve, let cake stand at room temperature for a few minutes to soften slightly before serving; cut through the layers into fat slices. Store leftover cake in the freezer.
Decadent Ice Cream Recipes Your Family Will Love:
- Mini Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream Pies
- Old-Fashioned Brown Bread Ice Cream
- Chef Alli’s Red White and Boom Ice Cream Brownie Pie
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. And, if you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: ChefAlli@ChefAlli.com