You are just a few minutes away from an outstanding chicken dish that’s easy, flavorful and, yes, wonderfully sticky! You can make these tender chicken thighs in just minutes in your Instant Pot. #chicken #InstantPot #bbq
Instant Pot Finger-Lickin' Sticky Chicken Thighs
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. packed saffron threads
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp. molasses
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Chopped scallions, for garnish
- Rinse thighs and pat dry. In a large mixing bowl, create the spice rub by combining the paprika, garlic powder, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, coriander, saffron, salt, and black pepper, then dredge each chicken thigh on all sides in the prepared rub.
- Using the saute setting on the Instant Pot, add the oil; when the oil is hot, add the seasoned thighs, browning them off on each side, removing the thighs to a plate as you work in batches.
- Remove any excess fats from the pot, leaving the browned bits from the chicken in the Instant Pot; add the broth and the browned chicken thighs to the Instant Pot. Lock the Instant Pot lid into place, choosing the high pressure setting for 8 minutes. When the timer sounds, perform a quick release to remove all the pressure from the Instant Pot.
- Using tongs, carefully remove the cooked chicken thighs from the Instant Pot, leaving the juices rendered from the cooking process in the pot. Whisk in the honey, molasses, lemon zest and juice. Using the saute setting, bring the honey mixture to a full boil then reduce to a simmer, cooking until the liquids are reduced to a nicely thickened sauce, approx. 6-8 minutes, whisking often. Drizzle reserved chicken thighs with prepared sauce, then garnish with chopped scallions and serve at once.