Tater Tot Casserole gets an upgrade with bacon, cheese, and more cheese! Taking your favorite Bacon Cheeseburger flavors and baking them with crispy, crunchy tater tots… that’s a dish the WHOLE family will enjoy! #tatertotcasserole #baconcheeseburger
This recipe was originally featured in Kansas Living Magazine.
I love the way this recipe combines all of those warm, familiar flavors of a bacon cheeseburger with a side of tater tots, without going out to eat! The best part is, no one leaves the dinner table hungry when I pull this tater tot casserole out of the oven. My men eat it up!
Please Note: We do use referral links for products and services that Chef Alli loves!
Tater Tot Casserole is Make-Ahead Magic
As with many casseroles, this recipe is a great dish to make up on Sunday and bake for a filling mid-week meal. I prefer to make each part separately, then stir together on the night I need it. This keeps the tater tots from getting soggy.
- First you cook your bacon and brown your ground beef. Season well. Save in an airtight container in your fridge.
- Then when you’re ready to bake, simply mix all the ingredients together and layer in your favorite glass baking dish.
- Finally, garnish with all of your favorite cheeseburger toppings for that burger-joint flavor!
Printable Recipe for Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole:
Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole
Tater Tot Casserole gets an upgrade with bacon, cheese, and more cheese! Taking your favorite Bacon Cheeseburger flavors and baking them with crispy, crunchy tater tots... that's a dish the WHOLE family will enjoy! #tatertotcasserole #baconcheeseburger
- 1 ½ lbs. ground beef
- ½ lb. center-cut sliced bacon cooked until crisp, crumbled
- 2 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese divided use
- 10.75 oz. can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 32- oz pkg. frozen tater tots thawed (you’ll have some leftover)
- 2 scallions chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook beef until nicely browned and no pink remains; drain fats well.
In a mixing bowl, combine cooked beef, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese, soup, and sour cream; spread prepared mixture into a greased 8 x 8 baking dish. Top with tater tots, placing them in even rows over the filling, then gently spray tater tots with nonstick baking spray.
Bake, uncovered, on center rack for 40-45 minutes, or until filling is hot and bubbly, and tater tots are golden brown. Garnish with cheese, chopped bacon, and sliced scallions, if desired; serve at once.
Join Chef Alli in the Kitchen
More Fantastic Casseroles:
- Easy Enchilada Casserole for the Electric Pressure Cooker
- Cheesy Chicken Tamale Casserole
- Chipotle-Ranch Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole