Straight from the garden, this summer gnocchi and sausage skillet is bursting with garden-fresh tomatoes and creamy feta! #tomatoes #summerecipes #OneSkillet
Summer Gnocchi and Sausage Skillet with Grape Tomatoes and Feta
- 1 pound frozen or shelf-stable gnocchi
- 3 large links approx 12 oz cooked sausage (such as kielbasa or a cooked chicken sausage, etc), sliced into coins
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved lengthwise
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves rolled and sliced into a chiffonade
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat; stir in the gnocchi and cook according to package directions. Drain gnocchi and toss with a drizzle of olive oil.
Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat; add a drizzle of olive oil. When the oil is nicely hot, add the sausage coins and cook just until they are browned on each side, 1-2 minutes. Push the sausages to the outer edge of the skillet and turn the heat up to high.
When the skillet is very hot, add the tomatoes, skin-side down, cooking until they are blistered, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the sausage and gnocchi and cook just until everything is heated through, but the tomatoes have not broken down completely.
Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the basil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with feta and serve.
Let’s Get Cookin’,
This recipe was featured in a live demonstration at the Kansas Grown Farmer’s Market Annual Tomato Fest in Wichita, KS, July 2018.