This refreshing tomato salad features so many garden vegetables, you’ll be amazed! Then top that with creamy, delicious ricotta and summer is in the bag! #summer #tomatorecipe #gardenfresh
Heirloom Tomato Salad with Baby Ricotta Bundles
Baby Ricotta Bundles
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 basil leaves chopped finely
- 1 tsp fresh oregano chopped finely
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lb assorted-size heirloom tomatoes cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 English cucumber skin-on, sliced
- 8 medium radishes thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeds and membranes removes, diced
- 1/3 cup loosely-packed basil leaves rolled and sliced into a chiffonade
- 1 Tbs. fresh oregano leaves
Make the ricotta bundles by combining the ricotta cheese with the basil, fresh oregano and thyme in a small mixing bowl: reserve.
To a dressing cruet or mason jar, add the olive oil and balsamic vinegar; shake well to combine. Season dressing to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Arrange tomato slices, cucumber, radishes and onion over a large platter; drizzle with prepared dressing. Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, then top with jalapeño. Dollop the prepared ricotta mixture evenly over the tomato slices, in small bundles. Garnish salad with fresh basil and oregano; serve at once.
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
This recipe was featured in a live demonstration at the Kansas Grown Farmer’s Market Annual Tomato Fest in Wichita, KS, July 2018.