Taco Tuesday? Mexican Monday? Fajita Friday? Whenever you need a fix, your favorite South-of-the-Border flavors have never been easier! Now in a sheet pan form (instead of the griddle), you can get perfect beefy, cheesy, quesadillas with ZERO standing at the stove, minimal cleanup, and everyone is HAPPY! #sheetpandinner #Mexicanfavorites #quesadillas
Please note: We do use referral links for products and services that Chef Alli loves!
Because sheet pan dinners are so easy to make, they also have super easy clean up….always a plus. With just a little understanding of sheet pan dinner dynamics you can treat the gang to a healthy, whole-food meal any day of the week! And all you need is a couple of baking sheets to get ‘er done (I prefer that all my baking sheets are rimmed, btw… I don’t want my food sliding off everywhere when I’m flying around the kitchen).
You Can Make Beefy Sheet Pan Quesadillas on a Baking Sheet Right in Your Oven, and Here are Some Easy Recipe Tips for You:
1. Do you own a cast iron skillet or other heavy-bottom skillet for browning your ground beef? I love cast iron because it’s inexpensive, lasts a lifetime, and holds heat like crazy! If you purchase one, I’d opt for 12″ in size as that’s a good all-purpose size and it fits great in most ovens as well.
2.Before adding your ground beef, be sure your skillet is nice and hot – you want to hear SIZZLE when the ground beef hits that pan! This will give you GLORIOUS browning and that means lots of FLAVOR….hallelujah!
3. Beware! Once you create these sheet pan quesadillas, you’re NEVER gonna want to do this job from a griddle or skillet ever again (it’s soooo time consuming). The trick of placing a second sheet pan on top of the quesadillas when they go into the oven is brilliant….thank you to somebody out there who thought of it! Love how slick it works for getting the quesadillas golden brown on both sides at once.
Printable Beefy Sheet Pan Quesadillas Recipe Here:
Or scroll down for step-by-step images of the sheet pan process. It’s so slick!
Beefy Sheet Pan Quesadillas
Hands down the easiest way to make quesadillas for the gang - just load up your sheet pans with tortillas, filling, and cheese and bake away! Use your pizza cutter to easily cut them into slices.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, seeds and membranes removed, diced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 flour tortillas, 8" - 10"
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Jack or cheddar cheese
- your favorite quesadilla toppings, such as guacamole, salsa, sour cream, cilantro, etc.
Preheat oven to 425°.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. When oil is hot, add bell peppers and onion and cook just until softened, about 5 minutes; remove from skillet and set aside.
Add chili powder, cumin, paprika and ground beef to the same skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, cooking until beef is no longer pink; season to taste with salt and pepper. Gently stir in the reserved cooked vegetables.
On a large, rimmed baking sheet place 3 tortillas down the center of the pan, overlapping slightly, letting the tortillas hang over each end of the baking sheet.
Now place 6 tortillas around the edges of the baking sheet pan so that about half of each tortilla hangs over sides and ends of the baking sheet.
Top tortillas with prepared beef mixture, then top with cheese.
Place another 2 tortillas in the center of the baking sheet, on top of all fillings. Now fold each tortilla towards center, covering the filling. Brush tortillas with melted butter, then top them with a second baking sheet.
Bake, on center rack of oven until tortillas are golden brown and crispy, 15-20 minutes.
Slide the sheet of quesadillas off the baking sheet onto a large cutting board, then use your pizza cutter to slice it into rectangles.
Serve quesadillas warm, with your favorite toppings.
Shared on Southern Plate Meal Plan Monday
Beefy Sheet Pan Quesadillas Step-by-Step Guide:
Please feel free to leave us a comment – we love hearing from our readers and followers! If you don’t hear back from us, please reach out to us via email: ChefAlli@ChefAlli.com
Other Favorite Recipes Your Family May Enjoy:
Cheesy Chicken Tamale Bake: A Tamale And Chicken Casserole Topped with Cheese
One-Skillet Mexican Chorizo, Black Beans, and Rice: An Easy Mexican Skillet Meal
Recipe shared on The Country Cook Weekend Potluck
Let’s Get Cookin’