Ground Beef, shredded chicken, or tender pulled pork can turn your kitchen into a taco truck in just minutes! Watch out, though… with these zesty taco seasonings and tangy pickled vegetables wrapped up in a low-carb, hand-held lettuce wrap, the neighbors might come running! #tacotruck #tacotuesday #lowcarb
The Low-Carb Choice for Taco Tuesday
If you’re looking to cut carbs, then these tasty Taco Truck Lettuce wraps are an awesome choice! They pack all of the taco flavors you love into a handheld lettuce wrap. It’s ALMOST like eating a real, crunchy taco. Especially if you have fresh, crispy lettuce from your local farmer’s market.
Please Note: We do use referral links for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.
The recipe below is for pulled pork lettuce wraps, but you could substitute any of your favorite meats. Shredded chicken, ground beef, ground turkey, even wild game would taste delicious with the bold Mexican flavors!
I love pulled pork for a couple of different reasons:
- Pulled Pork is SO easy to make a big batch in my Instant Pot. This is my go-to meat for busy weeks because I can make so many meals for my guys using pulled pork. You can even download my FREE Pork Recipe eBook right here!
- I love the way pulled pork takes on any flavor I want it to. Because of the mild pork flavor, it works well as a barbecue dish OR a delicious Mexican meal
Printable Recipe for Taco Truck Low-Carb Lettuce Wraps:
Taco Truck Pulled-Pork Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. mild chili powder
- 3 cups shredded, cooked pulled pork
- 8 oz. can Hunt’s Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce
- Lettuce for wraps I used red leaf lettuce
- Pickled carrots and red onions
- Sour cream or I also love using Mexican Crema for this!
- Chopped fresh cilantro
In a large skillet over medium heat, add spices and cook just until fragrant; add pork and tomato sauce, stirring until combined and hot throughout. Place warm pork into lettuce leaves; garnish with pickled veggies, sour cream, and cilantro. Serve at once.
To pickled veggies, bring 1 cup water and 1 cup white vinegar, plus 1/4 cup sugar to a boil in a saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Pour over veggies and let set for 15 minutes, then drain well.
- KitchenSmack: Tender Pulled Pork is a breeze in an Electric Pressure Cooker! (like an Instant Pot or a Cuisinart) Only 90 minutes and you have pulled pork for DAYZZZZZZ!
- (You can follow the same steps above using browned ground beef or cooked, shredded chicken)
Try these other low-carb recipes on for size!
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. And, if you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: ChefAlli@ChefAlli.com