This classic side gets an upgrade when you use home-cooked beans! It’s easy with an Instant Pot, and NEWS FLASH… there is no soaking required! These un-baked beans cook under pressure for just 5 minutes and you’re good to go. #picnicsides #bakedbeans #ElectricPressureCooking #instantpot
Printable Recipe for Instant Pot Un-Baked Beans
Instant Pot Un-Baked Beans
- 8 oz. dry navy beans, approx. 1 1/4 cups
- 4 cups broth
- 1 Tbs. oil
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbs. tomato paste
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbs. spicy brown mustard
- 1 Tbs. cider vinegar
- Using the saute setting on the Instant Pot, add the bacon, onion, tomato paste, and garlic; cook for a couple minutes, stirring often. Add the navy beans and broth to the Instant Pot, cooking until the mixture comes to a low boil. Stir in the brown sugar, molasses, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and cider vinegar.
- Lock the Instant Pot lid into place. Choose the high pressure setting for 45 minutes, bringing the Instant Pot to full pressure. When the timer sounds, use a natural release for 15 minutes (so the cooked beans can get fully tender), then a quick release if any remaining pressure remains in the Instant Pot.
- Give the beans a stir, allowing them to cool slightly to thicken up a bit. Serve warm.
For a step-by-step walk through this recipe, check out my Facebook video tutorial! Check it out HERE!
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
*Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. At times I may receive physical or monetary compensation for making recommendations, but I can assure you, all opinions are my own and I only share products that I know you will love!
If you love this recipe, you may also enjoy Electric Pressure Cooker Ham and Bean Soup