“We love eating meat!” says co-owner and manager of Manhattan Meat Market, Jake. When I visited with him in December of 2017 I found a great business that tells the story of the Kansas Farmer and Rancher through an incredible selection of meats and American-made products! In this episode with Kansas Living we help you ease the Meat Case Malign, build a gorgeous charcuterie board, and grab some great gifts for any occasion.
Approaching the Meat Case
- It’s okay to NOT know what you want. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. A good butcher wants to help you have a good experience both buying and eating!
- Don’t be afraid to ask for what you want! Tell them what you want to do so they can point you in the right direction.
- Think about what you want: How many people are you feeding? Is it a special occasion? Are kids involved? How old are they?
- Nowadays, consumers have a lot of questions about how meat is raised and produced. Be willing to have open conversations about food!
- You can learn more by watching our interview. It was informative!
How to Put a Charcuterie Together
- Charcuterie is an Italian word for “cold, cooked meats” and describes a platter of flavorful, cured, thinly sliced meats.
- These Italian meats are often served with cheese, dried fruits, spreads, nuts, pickled vegetables, or crackers, depending on the season.
- Get these tips and more by watching our Interview at MHK Meats
- Hard to Beat: The Gift of Meat! Meat is a great gift for any time of year. Easter, Father’s Day,
- Other gift ideas: A unique food item. Steak Seasoning. A beautiful cutting board or charcuterie board.
- MHK Meats has an online store where you can order meat to be shipped anywhere in the Continental United States!
Your Next Big Meal:
This interview inspired me to get in the kitchen and cook up a delectable piece of meat from the Manhattan Meat Market – Prime Rib! You can GET THAT RECIPE HERE and watch the video at Chef Alli’s Facebook Page.
Watch this LIVE interview to learn more about what’s going on behind that butcher counter, and how they strive to give you the best product for any occasion. Big “Thank You!” to Kansas Living Magazine and Manhattan Meat Market for making this live broadcast possible.
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
*This post is a follow-up from a live broadcast created in association with Kansas Living Magazine highlighting Kansas farmers, ranchers, and businesses. I did receive compensation for this promotion, but I can assure you I only share products, businesses, and information that I truly believe will enrich your family and your kitchen!