Sheet Pan Lemon Parmesan Chicken with Crispy Potatoes and Green Beans
- 1 egg
- Juice and zest of one lemon half
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (sometimes I even use boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
- 1 lb. baby potatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. frozen green beans
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
Place chicken breasts, two at a time, into a gallon freezer bag and use a mallet to flatten breasts into cutlets. (The freezer bag keeps all the mess contained).
In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg with lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. In a separate shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with lemon zest and parmesan cheese; dredge both sides of the chicken cutlets in the breadcrumb mixture.
Place coated cutlets onto the center of the prepared baking sheet; arrange the potatoes and green beans on each side of the chicken in a single layer. Combine the melted butter with 2 tsp. minced garlic; drizzle butter mixture over the vegetables; toss to evenly coat.
Place baking sheet onto the center rack of the preheated oven and bake, uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove baking sheet from the oven; turn the chicken breasts over; return sheet pan to the oven and continue to bake for an additional five to ten minutes, or until chicken is golden brown on top and potatoes are fork tender. Serve at once.
Zippy Sheet Pan Fish Tacos with Jodi’s Creamy Chipotle
- 1 lb. frozen fish fillets, thawed (I used Swai because it’s super economical and very mild in flavor; my family also likes Tilapia)
- Your favorite Creole or Cajun seasoning, to taste
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 zucchini, skin on, sliced into ½” slices
- Corn tortillas
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1-2 Tbs. honey
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of ranch dressing
- Chipotle sauce or minced chipotles
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine mayonnaise with ranch dressing; stir in desired amount of chipotle sauce or minced chipotles (they are smokey and hot!). Set aside.
Lightly spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
Season fish fillets to taste with seasoned salt; place fish fillets onto center of prepared baking sheet.
In a mixing bowl, add tomatoes, corn and zucchini; drizzle with a bit of olive oil, juice and zest of lime, and honey; gently toss to coat veggies, using two spatulas. Spread prepared vegetables around the fish fillets in a single layer; season dressed veggies to taste with seasoned salt.
Roast the fish and vegetables in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or just until the fish easily flakes with a fork at the center of each fillet.
Prepare fish tacos by filling warm corn tortillas with prepared fish and vegetables, topping each taco with desired amount of Creamy Chipotle Sauce. Drizzle tacos with more lime juice, if desired.