No-Churn Ice Cream is a delightful alternative to using an electric (or hand crank!) mixer! This recipe is an easy way to get the cold, sweet flavors you love without the effort. It’s just a few simple ingredients and your favorite mix-ins! #icecream #nochurnicecream
Many of us have fond memories of sitting on Grandpa’s old ice cream mixer and taking turns turning the crank over and over and over. Now the process has been made even easier (albeit less memorable) with electric churns and even counter-top mixers! But some people don’t even have one of those. If you don’t have access to an ice cream mixer, but you’re craving the cool, creamy, drippy, memory-making stuff of summer, I’ve got a no-churn ice cream recipe that you and your little ones will love- no ice cream machine required.
Please Note: We do use referral links for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.
Ice Cream is Made Sweeter with Local Ingredients
For this recipe I’ve added Banana Split fixins’, but you could get so creative using just a simple base of heavy cream from your local dairy and sweetened condensed milk. If you are in Kansas and looking for a great day trip (where you can indulge in some fabulous soft serve) visit Hildebrand Farms Dairy! You can check out their farm store, meet the “ladies”, and see dairy production firsthand from some of the nicest people around!
Ideas for Banana Split No-Churn Ice Cream
- Just a few simple ingredients whipped into shape can give you light, creamy ice cream overnight. Or start it in the morning and have it ready to indulge in the cool of the evening!
- Make the simple base, then add anything your family loves. Any berries, chopped up bits of your favorite candy bar, nuts of all kinds. The possibilities are endless!
- You could even have each child add in their own flavors and freeze them in separate smaller containers (they would freeze faster!) Summertime is hot, but a frozen treat make everything all better!
Printable Recipe for Banana Split No-Churn Ice Cream
No-Churn Banana Split Ice Cream
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small jar maraschino cherries drained and halved
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 8 oz. can crushed pineapple drained
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecanschocolate syrup
In a food processor, blend bananas until smooth; add cream and process until soft peaks form.
In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and vanilla; stir in cherries, strawberries, pineapple, and pecans. Fold in whipped cream mixture.
Pour half of the ice cream mixture into a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Drizzle with chocolate syrup, then add the remaining half, drizzling with more chocolate on top; swirl with a knife.
Place into the freezer overnight to freeze solid.
To serve, scoop ice cream into bowls and top with whipped cream, as desired. Or, slice frozen ice cream loaf into slices and serve in that fashion, garnished with whipped cream and more chocolate syrup. Enjoy!
Ice Cream is Made Easy in Chef Alli’s Kitchen:
- Easy Ice Cream Cake
- Mini Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream Pies
- Chef Alli’s Red White and Boom Ice Cream Brownie Pie
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. And, if you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: ChefAlli@ChefAlli.com
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
**This recipe was featured as part of Chef Alli’s Farm Fresh Kitchen on WIBW 13 News, July 2017. Special thanks to the farmers and ranchers of the Kansas Farm Bureau for making this segment possible! For more information on the events shared in this segment, visit www.kfb.org!