It’s time… Time for all things pumpkin! And there’s no better place for a delicious pumpkin cheese ball than right in the middle of your Thanksgiving appetizer buffet. This guy makes everyone smile, especially when they grab a ginger snap and dig in. #Thanksgiving #holidayappetizer #pumpkincreamcheese
Cheese Ball Recipe
16 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 jar (12.5 oz) Grandma Hoerner’s Pumpkin Butter
3 Tbs. Kansas honey
1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans, divided use
Combine softened cream cheese with pumpkin butter, honey, and 3/4 cup crushed pecans.
Form mixture into a ball; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup crushed pecans, gently pressing them into the top; chill well.
Once cheese ball is well chilled, it’s time to turn him into Tom Turkey!
You Will Need:
1-2 turkey or beef sticks for neck
1 red Fruit Roll Up for head
Icing to “glue” eyeballs on
1 piece candy corn for nose, pretzel sticks for the feathers
1 box of your favorite Ginger Snap Cookies
- Insert pretzel sticks across his rear end to create tail feathers.
- Insert 2 beef sticks side-by-side to make the turkey’s neck. (If you prefer a skinny turkey neck, just use a single beef stick)
- Roll the Fruit Roll Up into a ball; press on top of turkey neck to create the turkey’s head.
- Using icing, glue eyeballs and candy corn nose to turkey’s head.
- Place ginger snaps around base of Tom Turkey Cheeseball and serve.
Now You’re Cookin’,
**This recipe was featured at the Kansas State Fair by Chef Alli’s Farm Fresh Kitchen and From the Land of Kansas. Don’t forget, you can order these favorite From the Land of Kansas products and ingredients at our new ecommerce sight!