Summer means grilling in my family. How about yours? And I mean we grill EVERYTHING! These Grilled Steamer Packets with Spicy Apricot glaze are a nice alternative to burgers and brats, but pack all the smoky grilled flavors we love. #grilling #grilledpackets #summergrilling
Grilled Steamer Packets feature Kansas’ Finest
Why heat up your kitchen when you can showcase some of the best Kansas products right on your grill? I’m thinking fresh vegetables straight from your local farmers market, seasonings and products made right here in Kansas, and don’t forget the meat! This is an easy prep, easy clean-up meal that will satisfy the whole family.
Please Note: We do use referral links for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.
Grilling Tips for Steamer Packets
- Depending on who you’re serving, grilled steamer packets can be suited to a whole crowd! These larger packets will serve 2-3, or you can make them smaller and let each person customize their own. Just set out an assortment of vegetables, meats, seasonings, and sauces and you’ve got a DIY dinner!
- Chopping all the vegetables and sausage about the same size ensure even cooking throughout the packet.
- The spices and sauces on grilled steamer packets are fully customizable, but I love to use Copperleaf Gourmet flavors! They make the most amazing apricot pepper jelly.
- The best part of this meal, of course, is the no-mess/no-fuss steamer packet method. Wrap your food in a sturdy aluminum foil, like I buy from Chicwrap (it’s AMAZING and SO easy to use). Then when you’re done simply throw it away!
Printable Recipe for Grilled Steamer Packets with Spicy Apricot Glaze:
Grilled Steamer Packets with Spicy Apricot Glaze
- 1 packet feeds 3-4 people
- 2-3 Tbs. good olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2-3 tsp. Garlic Pepper Seasoning add more if desired, I like Copperleaf Gourmet
- 6-8 small red potatoes halved and par-boiled
- 1 sweet yellow bell pepper seeds and membranes removed, cut into strips
- 2 zucchini cut into ½”thick slices
- 4-5 carrots cut into ¼”thick slices, par-boiled
- 1 red onion sliced
- 12-14 grape tomatoes
- 8 large button mushrooms halved
- 1 ½ lbs. smoked sausage or kielbasa sausage fully cooked, cut into 1-inch chunks
Spicy Apricot Glaze
- 6 Tbs. Apricot Pepper Jelly I like Copperleaf Gourmet
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1-2 tsp. spicy brown mustard
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
In a large mixing bowl, combine olive oil with lemon juice and seasoning; add vegetables to bowl and toss gently to coat well. While grill is preheating, let vegetables marinate.
Using heavy duty aluminum foil, place an 18” sheet onto a work surface; place marinated vegetables onto the foil and spread out evenly, leaving room to fold over the foil.
Top vegetables with sausage chunks, then fold over the foil, tightly sealing the edges yet leaving a little room for steam in the packet as it cooks.
Place the packet onto the grill over medium high indirect heat and close the lid; cook the packet(s), turning half way through, 25-30 minutes, or until potatoes and carrots are fork-tender. (Grilling time will vary depending on size of grill and placement of packets, etc.)
To serve, open packets, taking care not to get burned by the escaping steam, and drizzle desired amount of warm Spicy Glaze over the top.
To prepare glaze, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat; season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired. Keep glaze warm until ready to use.
Let’s Get You Grillin’:
- Quinoa Vegetable Salad with Grilled Beef
- Beefy Burgers! The 3 B’s of Great Grilled Burgers
- Grilled Pork Kabobs with Honey BBQ Sauce
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. And, if you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: ChefAlli@ChefAlli.com
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
**This recipe was featured on Chef Alli’s Farm Fresh Kitchen with From the Land of Kansas, as part of WIBW 13 News This Morning, July 2015. To order your favorite From the Land of Kansas products and ingredients, visit our new ecommerce sight.
Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a “sponsored post.” The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. It may also contain “affiliate links”. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”