Howlin’ Chili-Cheese Pizza
- 1 lb. bulk sausage
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- ½ cup chili beans with juice
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided use
- 1 - pre-baked pizza crust
- 3-4 slices Monterey Jack or Colby Jack cheese for making kid-friendly decorations on top
- Cilantro sour cream, sliced olives, for garnish
In a large sauté pan, brown sausage over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, approx. 10-12 minutes. Drain fats, then stir in tomato sauce, chili beans, and chili powder. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
Spread cheddar cheese over pizza crust; top with prepared sausage mixture.
Bake in preheated 425 degree F. oven for approx. 20-22 minutes or until chili topping is hot throughout and cheese is melted and bubbly.
Let pizza set for 5 minutes before slicing. Garnish slices with sour cream, cilantro, and sliced olives, as desired.
Let’s Get You Cookin’,